Areas of Activity
To address the challenge of a general lack of knowledge about what OEDC does and to clarify its lead areas of activity, the OEDC board and staff have defined five specific areas in which the organization works. These areas of activity form the basis for the five messages the organization wishes to convey to its audiences.
What OEDC Does
- We continually work to prepare industrial sites to meet the needs of prospective tenants and growing businesses through development and certification.
- We work to fill the industrial sites by targeting the types of industries identified through our 2018 Targeted Industry Study.
- We meet with our major employers to explore and address their retention and expansion opportunities or challenges.
- We direct and assist new and expanding major businesses to help them navigate the financial support mechanisms available for their qualifying project needs.
- We work to fill large retail spaces with creative solutions that meet community needs.