OEDC Investment Proposition
Ottumwa, IA Economic Development Corp. is committed to promoting the overall economic health of Ottumwa, IA and Wapello County, IA by expanding and retaining business & industry, assisting in the development of a quality workforce, and supporting vibrant community improvement projects which inspire additional growth.
OEDC strives to be transparent and accountable for its programs, including the Five Strategic Priorities for 2019-2020 fiscal year:
- Prospect and recruit new industry for Helgerson Flats, an 82 acre state-certified industrial park
- Focus on target industries in the areas of Warehouse & Distribution, Machinery Manufacturing, Automotive Supply, and Food & Beverage Processing
- Guide new industry towards both local & state incentives available to qualified expansion, retention and attraction projects
- Focus our collective resources with other regional area partners to market new and upskilled workers to the 10 county area
- Provide economic development outreach to other communities within Wapello County, assisting them with identification and prioritization of projects
- We continually work to prepare industrial sites to meet the needs of prospective tenants and growing businesses through development and certification.
- We work to fill industrial sites/buildings by targeting the types of industries identified through our 2018 Targeted Industry Study and other compatible businesses.
- We meet with our major employers to explore and address their retention and expansion opportunities or challenges.
- We direct and assist new and expanding major businesses to help them navigate the financial support mechanisms available for their qualifying project needs.
- We monitor and make referrals regarding talent issuse to meet needs of business and industry.