Ottumwa Streetscape Project Update: August 9-September 20, 2019
Monday, December 16, 2019
- Progress was slow through the Thanksgiving holiday, but much has been done over the last couple weeks!
- All of the major underground utility infrastructure work was completed in the Green Street intersection. This intersection is covered in gravel through the winter so that traffic may be open in all directions.
- Light poles were reinstalled in the 200-Block so that the security fencing could be removed and reopen the full 200-Block to traffic until the contractors return in the spring to finish the intersection.
- Bike racks and light poles were installed in the “amenity zone” between the sidewalk and the street in the 300-Block. A delay at the paver plant in Ohio set back the landscapers about two weeks, but they expect that the sidewalk pavers will be finished and the bio-retention areas will be filled so that the entire site opened to traffic by the end of next week [12/20].
- After next week, work will cease for the winter. The contractors estimate that work will resume in March.
This will be our last official update for the year. We hope you all have a very happy holiday season and look forward to an awesome 2020! As always, check the MSO Facebook for project news! To download a PDF of this report, click here.